Software Engineer with over 3 years' experience creating, maintaining, testing and evaluating software systems and applications with a passion for web development. Ability to make good technical decisions. Committed to maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge and highly values any opportunity to learn more and grow as a person and engineer. Actively looking for new opportunities that will utilize my skill-set and help me grow, in an environment that I would enjoy long-term.
Automated unit tests75%
Version Control Software (ie. git)91%
Researching and Problem-Solving92%
Verbal, Written and Remote communication90%
During my time at General Dynamics Mission Systems, I have had many great opportunities to work on some awesome and intriguing projects. From weapon control systems, to databases for guidance, to trade studies for 'next big things'.
- Full Stack Development (Java, Tomcat, Spring MVC, Hibernate with SQL database) for guidance systems
- Performed Trade Studies and produced formal decision analysis reports on various technologies applicable to full stack programs (front-end frameworks, middle-ware layer technologies, scripting languages, databases, containerization)
- Practiced agile methodologies - sprints, daily scrums, story points
- Test Driven Development
- Automated unit testing on various systems and languages (Google Test, JUnit)
- Worked effectively with cross-functional design teams to create software solutions to satisfy customers needs
- Maintained and updated an internal wiki and guides to assist development for poorly documented software or projects
- Interesting projects for Navy; Weapon Control Systems
- Effectively worked with teams of different sizes, remote, and with developers of all experience levels
- Verbal, written and effective remote communication skillsy
- Experience with heavily document procedures and designs, making sure that quality and change control standards are met
The beginning of my professional career is very unique to say the least. Forced to withdraw from College at the age of 21 due to a sudden cancer diagnosis, I had no other option then to get my foot in the door, programming for myself. Taught myself how to develop iPhone and iPad applications in xcode, in a very crappy VM environment while going through chemotherapy, a company I formally referred to as Cosignsoft.
- Full cycle development of applications in C#
- Outsourced or delegated work to freelancers, mostly graphic design.
- Marketing and finding ways to monetize features in the booming mobile application market
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes and patch sets for existing mobile applications, especially to keep up with rapid releases of iOS and newer iPhones.
- Tracked application sales data and extensive crash analytics over multiple applications and devices.
- Developed and monetized various projects including but not limited to casino, adventure and role playing games
- Implemented various new and upcoming iOS features such as social media integration and various game development and IDE upgrades that Apple improved upon over time reducing need of third party libraries
- Opportunity for professional development
- Diverse code and professional environment exposure
05.08.2008Berkshire Community CollegeComputer Science
16.06.2012Berkshire Community College57 Credits